Monday, February 23, 2009

Amazing gravity defying powers of modern dresses

Yeah, so the Oscars were last night. There were a lot of dressed up people, and many of the dresses were lacking in straps. I was very surprised that they did not fall down.

There was also a lot of 'ah I can't believe this', 'thank you, thank you, thank you' by the people who won. I think it might've been more interesting for me if I actually knew some of these people. I'm not very caught up in the TV/Hollywood world and most of the people I had no idea who on earth they were.

It was interesting to see Slumdog Millionaire win a lot of stuff though, including best picture. From what I've gathered, it was a fairly small production to begin with, with a very small budget. It was cool that you don't need gazillions of dollars to make a good movie (though I thought I saw something about them having 15 million in the newspaper. If that's 'a small amount' I don't even want to think what an 'expensive' movie would be like).

No comments: