Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Safari 4

Apple's web-browser Safari came out with a new version. Safari 4 *drum roll*

It's actually sort of like a copy of Google's Chrome. Sort of. One of the nice things about Chrome is that you could search words or URLs in the same bar. Not so with Safari 4.

One thing I've got to give Apple credit for, they are really good at making their products look pretty. Safari 4 is nice and shiny and sleek looking.... Yeah.

But, does it work? That's the big question. Well, I think it's functioning. There are some annoying things, like it won't open links in a new tab vs. a new window unless you hold down the command button or do some other fancy thing, but it works. I haven't really noticed a speed increase from Firefox to Safari. I would like to use Firefox, but for some reason it's acting up on me, not loading pages, etc.

So for the time being, I'm going to use Safari 4. It'll take a little getting used to I'm sure, but I think it'll work.

I managed to shift all my bookmarks over. Foxmarks is like the best add-on ever invented!!!

It's very interesting, trying out all these different browsers. I've flipped back and forth between Safari and Firefox for a while now, but I haven't used Internet Explorer since I discovered Firefox. I've also never tried Opera... and I probably won't. I've more than enough trying to decide between Safari and Firefox.

No comments: