Monday, February 2, 2009

Sports Update

The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals 27-23. It was a very exciting game actually. The first half maybe not so much until Pittsburgh intercepted a pass from Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner near their own goal line and ran it back all the way for a touchdown. Then things started to get tight in the fourth quarter when the lead was traded back and forth a couple times. Arizona got a safety when a Steelers player was called for holding in the end zone, and Cardinal reciever Larry Fitzgerald caught a pass for a 64 yard touchdown. But then the Steelers staged a drive and scored a touchdown with 35 seconds left on the clock. Arizona tried to come back, but a fumble ended their slim hopes.

In tennis: Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federer to win the Australian Open. I feel sort of sorry for Federer 'cause he was very upset. But that's competition. Somebody has to lose. I get the feeling I'd be a very bad competitor because I always end up feeling for the losers.
I didn't see the match myself, but by all I've heard about it, it was exciting.

So thats the condition of sports. At least, the few sports that I pay attention to and had time to read about.

No comments: